Saturday, August 15, 2009

HELLO!


I love all things culinary and travel!
I was bitten by the travel bug in college -- a road trip here, a road trip there... And after working in the Corporate World for 5 years, I went to culinary school! I am now a proud "Certified Cook!" (Please don't confuse that with a 'chef.' A chef has numerous years of experience and training!!)
My husband and I don't bat an eye when good company, good food, and an adventure present itself!
A perfect example: yesterday afternoon we left for South Lake Tahoe to meet friends. After the quick (because it is so beautiful) 2 hour & 20 minute drive from our home in Sacramento, we chatted for an hour, dropped their kids at a friend's cabin and headed to dinner.
A restaurant called Tep's Villa Roma www.tepsvillaroma.com was recommended a few times and we were not disappointed.
After a run through the salad bar and nibbling on some hot rolls, our dinner arrived. My Veal Picatta with Capers was tender and flavorful. My husband's Shrimp & Scallop Scampi was bathed in butter, sliced garlic and seasoned beautifully. Our friend Cheryl's Tortellini with Mushroom-Cream Sauce were decadent little pillows! The portions were 'just right' and only Cheryl took home a small box of leftovers. (Her husband politely sat through dinner, even contributing to the conversation, while a horrid flu was over-taking him! Thanks for being a trooper, Scott! Hope you feel better soon!)
We rounded out the night chatting with some of their friends in a cabin in view of the lake (see sunset photo above).... they were so warm and friendly, it feels as if we've known them for years!!
I need to get ready for a casual gathering of the neighbors. But before I go, I want to thank Greg, my wonderful & supportive husband for being just that! :)
And Jessie, Kelly, & Kaylee... this blog's for you! (And me, too!) Thanks for your nudging! --TC

1 comment: